Buddhas in Jongsil Palace, Seoul Korea.

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Heaven will smell like the airport

The big day is finally here!!!

I completed the first leg of my journey today, taking the train to my mom and dad's in tacoma. Inching ever closer to Incheon, tomorrow is the final leap. Woah.

I never expected that I would be this person; daring, bold and adventurous. I always knew I had it in me, but never really figured out how to tap into it. I guess I just needed a good kick in the butt.

It makes me sad to think that I have to leave everyone and everything I know behind to take a step forward, but I know there is a reason for all this. I'm not going to try and figure it out now, but I'll know it when it comes.

The Neko Case album "Middle Cyclone" is so applicable to my life right now, on every level. Leaving, staying, heartbreak, growth, its all there. If you want to know what its like on this end, give it a good listen. I'll leave you with a line from it, and see if its still true once I get to Korea tomorrow. Think it will be just as meaningful then as it is now:

"Yes there are things that I'm still so afraid of, but my courage is roaring like the sound of the sun...and heaven will smell like the airport."

Goodbye Northwest, I'll miss you fiercely.

No comments:

Post a Comment